Related UN Goal #3 – Good Health & Wellbeing: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Motivated and fairly treated employees – We wholeheartedly believe that well-cared-for employees make for a happy, motivated workforce. At PostProcess, every employee is a key player within our collaborative team environment. To ensure a sustainable workforce that grows along with our brand, we offer employee development tools through our HR partners as well as Clifton StrengthsFinder coaching.
- Transparency of company objectives – By setting companywide goals via the “Objectives and Key Results” (OKR) technique, we have established a level of company transparency that allows for streamlined collaboration.
- Employee engagement – Beginning in the onboarding process, employees are encouraged to engage in and provide feedback on our operations and work environment. We strive to be a listening company at every level, leveraging both formal surveyings on things like our OKR system and company meetings, as well as informal meetings like one-on-ones with leaders.
- Health and wellness – Nutritional wellness directly impacts overall health. That’s why, in addition to health care and EAP program offerings, we keep our HQ kitchen stocked with healthy snack options at all times so the team is focused and energized.
- Engagement in the community – With U.S. headquarters in our founder’s hometown of Buffalo, NY, USA, we are involved with organizations like START-UP NY and others as we help mold the local start-up ecosystem.
- Charitable efforts – In addition to staying involved in the business side of our community, it’s prudent for us to give back, as well. To achieve this, we implement charity initiatives on a quarterly basis. We have done donation drives and volunteer initiatives with organizations like FeedMore WNY, Journey’s End Refugee Services , and Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
Related UN Goal #12 – Responsible Consumption & Production: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Activation of a circular economy through eco-friendly headquarters – We carefully selected our headquarter space within the Tri-Main Center, which has been acknowledged by the WNY Sustainable Business Roundtable for its various sustainability and waste management initiatives. The facility avoids pesticides while implementing composting, as well as energy-efficient features like LED lighting and “on-demand” water heaters. Additionally, our office actively encourages all employees to partake in the building’s comprehensive recycling and waste management programs for papers, bottles, cans, electronics, and batteries.
- Environmental health and safety – Upon hiring, all employees are required to take an environmental health and safety tour through our lab space. We prioritize responsible management of all of our chemicals to ensure safety for both our employees and the environment.
- Resource efficiency – As a start-up, efficiency is at the forefront of everything we do and every decision we make. We are in a position to make our resources stretch as far as possible, and recycle our detergents through distillation whenever we can. In 2020 we began initiatives to recycle our in-house chemical containers and buckets. By Q4, we recycled over 80% of said containers, surpassing the prior quarter by over 50%.
- Climate footprint – Being a growing international company, we offer flexibility for employees in the ability to telecommute where possible, cutting down on the use of gasoline and the output of carbon emissions.
Related UN Goal #8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth: Promote sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- Attractive solutions and products – Our proven solutions are designed with sustainability at the forefront, helping companies improve workplace safety and environmental friendliness while saving time, manual labor, and material resources through proven ROI. Particularly, our Variable Acoustic Displacement™ (VAD) technology for MJF and SLS gross depowdering and Resin Removal chemistries are revolutionary in terms of the sustainable benefits they can bring to post-printing environmentals. Read more on the safety and sustainability features of VAD here, and how our distillable Resin Removal detergents compare to high-risk, flammable chemistries like isopropyl alcohol (IPA) here.
- Paperless workflow – To cut down on paper product waste, all of our end-user documentation (e.g. product manuals, Safety Data Sheets, processing guidelines) is offered digitally. Additionally, our Operations and Finance teams went digital and implemented a paperless workflow for our procurement process at the start of 2020.
- Customer satisfaction – Our customer relationships don’t end with the installation of our machines. We have a cross-departmental team in place to ensure we are providing outlasting value and assistance well past the time of purchase. Customers are encouraged to partake in various transaction surveys and our annual satisfaction survey to make sure that we are meeting their post-purchase needs.
These are just some of the Sustainability endeavors underway at PostProcess, the industry’s trusted company for automated post-printing solutions. We’re regularly taking on new initiatives that are expanding our commitment as a company focused on People, Planet, and Profits. Check this page often for updates on what’s new in PostProcess as we grow with Sustainability as our foundation.